About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I am a second year Business Administration student, majoring in Accounting, at Olds College. I will be completing my program in April 2012. I intend to continue my education in the fall of 2012, by pursuing the completion of my business degree.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Catergories of E-Commerce


Good afternoon,

Like I have mentioned before, e-commerce is often thought be transactions between us, consumers, and businesses as we purchased items through the Internet. This would be an example of business-to-consumer (B2C). There are a few other categories and they are not limited to the exchange of goods, they also can include services.

Business-to-business (B2B)- Walmart uses B2B with suppliers such as Proctor and Gamble. This means that the suppliers sell all products electronically to Walmart.

Consumer-to-consumer (C2C)- The most relevant example that we use in our area is Kijiji. We are consumers who can then advertise products we would like to sell to other consumers. eBay and Craigslist are other common site that can be used to C2C transactions.

Consumer-to-business (C2B)- This category usually includes consumers providing services to businesses rather than products. My MIS textbook give the example of a consumer creating surveys for a company.

The government also uses e-commerce systems for providing services and citizens (tax filing and payments), businesses (license applications and renewals), employees (e-training) and government (disaster assistance and crisis response).


See, all levels of society are using e-commerce in hundreds of different ways!

7 comments:

  1. Mostly we do not know about the categories of e commerce but it is knowledgeable information. Shopify experts are those well trained people who know everything about ecommerce business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys present there are performing an excellent job. print profits blackhat download

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super article, It is worthwhile reading this article. I was searching such kind of article for a long time but now I think I got a article of my interest. I am thankful for these all suggestions about e-commerce and Mobile Apps Developers mentioned under this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thank you for sharing useful article

    Our web designer will give attractive and high quality local website designing with low cost if you find more details about our web designing services so please feel free to contact us.

    HTML5 and CSS3 Website Designing

    Static website Designing

    Dynamic website Designing

    iphone App Development

    SEO Friendly Web Designing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Mercury 50 hp

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. pushpushgo

    ReplyDelete
  7. In order to win your business leads, you should be hiring the best team for the marketing. There are several marketing strategies that one can utilize. For my brand I simply hired the SMM and Google Adwords Campaign Management service. Hoping to have good outcome with this strategies.

    ReplyDelete