About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I am a second year Business Administration student, majoring in Accounting, at Olds College. I will be completing my program in April 2012. I intend to continue my education in the fall of 2012, by pursuing the completion of my business degree.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Cycle- B2C

Hey readers!

I remember first learning about online shopping. I grew up in a small town, fairly isolated from any big city shopping. I was a young teenager and I can recall scouring websites for items that I liked and would love to buy. But I was without a credit card, so looking was as far as it went. Since then, I have purchased several things through online shopping means. In a future post, I intend on documenting an online shopping process for this blog.

Today, I'm going to discuss the aspects of the B2C (Business-to-Consumer) Cycle.

1. Information sharing- Businesses share information about their business online, through mediums such as websites, emails, and advertising on other websites (Google, Facebook, message boards, etc).

2. Ordering- Businesses may use electronic forms or emails to allow customers to order items that would like.

3. Payment- In order to receive payment from customers, most businesses rely on credit cards. Many advancements have been made in this area in recent years and in general the security on reputable websites is very high.


4. Fulfillment- This section of the process is the fulfillment of customer orders and the delivery of the ordered products or services. If it is a service that was purchased, delivery can be done by digital means. For physical products, delivery is achieved by air, sea or ground. How a business completes this section of cycle is dependent on the individual business and the industry and customer they serve.

5. Service and support- Lacking a physical location, it is imperative for e-commerce businesses to have a strong focus on support after the purchase was made. This is important to ensure that customers return and spread positive word-of-mouth to others.

It is the combination of all these steps that make the B2C Cycle and all sections are necessary each time the cycle begins. Next time you make an online purchase, I encourage you to think about this cycle and your involvement.

10 comments:

  1. I've never really thought about all the steps that are involved with e-commerce. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. .For me the businesses have to think outside the box and look at companies outside their own industry sector and even companies that are based on different business models, and apply fresh innovations relevant to their own business.

      Delete
  2. E-commerce factor is increasing worldwide many business from to big companies are promoting products online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE BLOG!!! Your blog is very informative for us. I would really like to come back again right here for likewise good articles or blog posts. Thanks for sharing a nice information.
    distance education in india

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely moving into privacy invasion territory. I gotta say..The cost of these capabilities out weighs the benefit.

    ecommerce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacking a physical location, it is imperative for e-commerce businesses to have a strong focus on support after the purchase was made. Epsom Ink Online used for all types of hp printers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your website is very cool. Fully useful your blog post... Women Online Shopping Fashion Store

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing.

    Snt Global Logistics is a logistic company that based in Malaysia has advanced technology fulfillment service provider that provides b2c fulfillment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your article is very good but i want to tell you something about the best b2b b2c portal in India. Visit the given link and explore the best top portal in India. Make sure to share it with your friends

    ReplyDelete