About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I am a second year Business Administration student, majoring in Accounting, at Olds College. I will be completing my program in April 2012. I intend to continue my education in the fall of 2012, by pursuing the completion of my business degree.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Security in E-Commerce

Hello readers,

I've talked a lot about how advanced technology has become and along with that is how vulnerable our personal information has become. The security of e-commerce has been a significant concern for many people. Credit card information is sensitive and consumers want to ensure that their information is being respected and taken care of. Retailers have taken strides to ensure that consumers feel confident in using their online shopping services. The vulnerability of personal information was at one time more of a problem and concern. For example, in the past some retailers required customers to call in their credit card information in order to keep the process as secure as possible.


The process has come a long ways. With the collaboration of banks, credit cards, retailers and other firms, huge strides have been made in improving the security and consumer confidence in e-commerce. With all the advances, it is still important to keep your eyes open for websites and firms that do not practice secure e-commerce. Look for services such as Verified by Visa to ensure that your information is being protected.

Thanks for reading today's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment