About Me

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I am a second year Business Administration student, majoring in Accounting, at Olds College. I will be completing my program in April 2012. I intend to continue my education in the fall of 2012, by pursuing the completion of my business degree.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Who needs e-commerce?

Good day readers!

It used to be that a great storefront, customer service and products could make a retail business successful. Technology and the Internet has revolutionized the business. Any successful retail business that wants to reach customers and expose themselves in the industry, needs to use e-commerce in some capacity. Below, I share some businesses that traditionally relied on a storefront to sell, but now in addition to their storefronts have a strong e-commerce presence.


The oldest company is the history of Canada, The Hudson Bay Company (now known as The Bay) has transformed to the pace of 21st century.

Triple Flip is a growing retail company based out of Calgary. They have grown from having their single flagship store in Calgary at the beginning of 2008, to having eight stores today with projections of three more stores in the coming year. As they grew in size and volume they found it necessary to introduce the ability of online shopping for their customers. This has allowed them to grow their presence nationwide.

These businesses have acknowledge the necessity of using e-commerce to remain relevant in the retail industry. And there are thousands of other businesses that have followed suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment